Special Educational Needs
Our Special Educational Needs Team
Mrs Karen Joel
SENCO & SLAT Executive Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Marie Woods
Mrs Kay Moore
Spalding Academy follows the SEN Code of Practice and aims to enable-
• All students to have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
• Student’s needs to be identified and assessed;
• Educational provision for each student to match their needs;
• Students’ views and wishes to be considered;
• Careful recording of the student’s needs, progress and outcome of interventions to be kept accurately.
The Academy works in partnership with the local authority and all professionals to support all students and enable each student to achieve their potential both academically and with their social and emotional development.
We strive to promote individual confidence and positive attitudes and enable every student to experience success. We regard every student as having individual needs and each student will have an equal opportunity to work to their full potential so that they will learn to appreciate and value their own strengths. We aim to ensure that each student feels equally valued within the Trust community.
In our ambition to provide an outstanding standard of education for our students with SEN, we are constantly reviewing our practice and working with other professionals to actively seek out the latest research and our SENCO is a member of the Lincolnshire SEND Steering Group.
The local authority’s local offer
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is part of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) reforms from the Children and Families Act 2014.
There are two main purposes for the Local Offer:
• To improve information about services and provision available for families, children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and to make it easier for all families to find this information by making it available in one place.
• That by working directly with families, children and young people on developing the Local Offer, Local Authorities and Health partners can improve provision.
Lincolnshire’s Local Offer includes leisure and activity providers, health and care services, education providers and support groups.
The Local Offer, as with the rest of the Family Services Directory, is provided to help you find services more easily. You should always check services and activities are suitable for your needs and those of your family.
To go to the Lincolnshire Local Offer website click the link below
Additional Resources of Support