YEAR 9 OPTIONS
BTEC Level 2
Digital Information Technology
- Examination board: Edexcel
- Contact: Mr Josh Green, Head of Department
This is an optional subject which all students will study for 3 hours per week.
Studying Digital Information Technology will provide students with an amazing opportunity to study the knowledge, understanding and skills related to data management, data interpretation, data presentation and data protection.
The range of topics on offer is broad and exciting ranging from the user interface and graphic design to data manipulation and presentation and above all exploring digital working practices in everyday life.
Students will develop their understanding of what makes an effective user interface and how to effectively manage a project. They will use this understanding to plan, design and create a user interface. Students will understand the characteristics of data and information and how they help organisations in decision making. They will use data manipulation methods to create a dashboard to present and draw conclusions from information.
Students will explore how organisations use digital systems and the wider implications associated with their use.
- Component 1: Exploring User Interface Design Principles and Project Planning Techniques (Pearson Set Assignment, approximately 6 hours, internally assessed)
- Component 2: Collecting, Presenting and Interpreting Data (Pearson Set Assignment, approximately 6 hours, internally assessed)
- Component 3: Effective Digital Working Practices (externally assessed exam, 1 hour and 30 minutes duration)
If you achieve a level 2 pass in BTEC Level 2 Digital Information Technology you could study BTEC Level 3 Information Technology & Computing at Bourne Academy Sixth Form.
Gaining a Level 3 qualification will prepare learners to enter employment or apprenticeships, or to move on to higher education by studying a degree in the digital sector.